EVERGREEN Frequently Asked Questions
- What does “EVERGREEN” mean and how does it work? In the world of philanthropy, the term evergreen is simply the word for continuous. If you would like to participate, please check and initial the OPT IN box on your pledge card.
- How do I know if I’m an evergreen donor? All donors who did not opt out in 2011 will receive a statement/reminder on their pre-printed pledge card. If you did not receive a pre-printed pledge card, please see your Employee Campaign Coordinator.
- How long does evergreen last? The State of Maryland runs a three year contract for the campaign. If you choose to opt in, your pledge will remain continuous for the term of that contract. For example, the 2012 campaign (which applies to the 2013 payroll year) is the third year of the current contract. This means your gift will only remain continuous through December 2013. Beginning with the 2013 campaign (which applies to the 2014 payroll year) if you opt in, your gift will remain contiuous for the next three payroll years unless you decide to modify or cancel. Continuous payroll gifts will always need to be renewed with each subsequent tri-annual contract.
- How do I modify or cancel my continuous pledge? You may modify or cancel your continuous pledge at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (410) 895-1493.
- What if a charity I designated to last year is not approved this year? It is your responsibility to review your designations annually and make any necessary changes, additions or deletions. A complete list of approved charities can be found in this directory or online. If a particular charity has not been approved the following year and you do not re-designate, that portion of your gift will be allocated to the “undesignated” fund.